Child custody and welfare investigations are always the most important and emotional issue in any divorce or custody proceeding. In order to determine the custody of a young child, the court has one overriding standard to consider – the best interests of the child. If it is not in the best interest of the child to be in the custody of, or have visitation with the other parent, we will find the evidence to support these allegations and help to start the child on the road to a better place.At the DeWitt Detective Agency, our investigators quickly get the facts. These facts, once brought to light, will speak on their own.Some of the techniques we utilize (but are not limited to) include:
- In depth background investigation of parent/custodian.
- Background investigation of any people living with parent/custodian that the child is exposed to, including criminal history searches.
- Targeted surveillance (with photo/video documentation) of the parent/guardian in question.
- Interviews with the following people:
- Spouses/Significant others
- Teachers and school employees
- Day-Care workers
- Physicians and Nurses
Regardless of the investigative strategies we use, you can be assured that everything that is done will be discussed and agreed upon before-hand with the client and/or the client’s attorney.
If you have any concern for the emotional or physical safety of your child and think we can be of help, please contact us immediately.